Compared to Tampa, Orlando, or Miami, Gainesville may not be the first city you think of when you think of Florida, but maybe it should be the first on your list of places to consider for your new home. At A-Turner Moving and Storage, we proudly make our home here and we wouldn't have it any other way. There are lots of reasons to be a member of the Gainesville community, but if you want to learn more about what makes the city unique, read on!
1. School is More than for Students – As home to the 6 largest university campus in the U.S., the University of Florida offers Gainesville plenty of cultural diversity with lots of opportunities for both students, faculty, and residents to enjoy. From theatre performances to enhanced education, there's plenty of ways to take advantage of the school even if you aren't a full-time student.
2. Quench Your Thirst – Did we mention innovation? In 1965, Professor Robert Cade from the University of Florida developed a drink that replenishes electrolytes and carbohydrates that would become the power drink that we know now as Gatorade. Gator pride!
3. We Have Our Own Hollywood – Well, kind of. Gainesville has been home to plenty of celebrities that share a special connection to the community. Names that include both musicians and actors such as Tom Petty, Don Felder from The Eagles, Joaquin Phoenix, and more!
4. We're Connected to Nature – Gainesville isn't just all city. For those who like to take a breather and venture outdoors for some peace and quiet, check out Devil's Millhopper. This 120 ft cavity in the earth leads to its own miniature rain forest—a natural wonder to behold! Since 1880s, this beautiful natural gem has been a National Natural Landmark.
5. We're Hardcore - Wearing black and living in the sunshine state may seem counterintuitive, but Gainesville has its own distinct and very vibrant punk music scene. No Idea Records was founded here and also is home to one of the largest punk music festivals in the country, FEST, which draws in over 10,000 punk rockers each year.
The quirks and fun of being a Gainesville resident are what bring the community together. And as the premier Gainesville residential moving company, the moving pros at A-Turner Moving and Storage are only more than happy to be the one-stop solution to helping you and your household transition to this city. Learn more about our moving services today by giving us a call or fill out our online.
Subscribe to A-Turner Moving and Storage's Blog