Moving can be one of the most stressful events that we go through. And when you're planning to hire residential movers in Florida, the checklist of things to get done can feel endless.
In this blog, we'll discuss our expert tips for what you should do before, during, and after the move. But before we do that, we thought you might want to know more about us.
Since 1972, A-Turner Moving and Storage has been the most trusted moving and storage company in Florida. We're proud to provide top-rated moving solutions that help our customers reduce stress and enjoy a seamless moving experience.
Before the Move
This is possibly the most important time frame throughout the whole process. Before the move, you'll spend plenty of time planning and prepping, decluttering and downsizing, and taking the time to find the right moving service. Here's how it's done:
- Create a comprehensive checklist that covers everything from A to Z.
- Set a budget and shop various companies for estimates.
- Stick to a packing and prepping timeline.
- Declutter, donate, and get rid of items that you no longer need.
- Find a moving service that best fits your needs.
- Pack carefully, making sure fragile items are well protected.
During the Move
This is where all of the action is. It will be important to stay focused to ensure manageable stress levels:
- Wear appropriate clothing and be sure that you're staying hydrated throughout the day.
- Keep important documents secure but easy to access should you need them for any moving purposes.
- Stay in constant contact with your moving team to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Label all moving boxes and keep everything organized for easy unpacking.
After the Move
Now, it's finally time to settle into your new space; one of the most enjoyable parts of moving:
- Set up your essential rooms first, like the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Take breaks throughout the day to avoid burning out.
- Make sure you've updated your new address info on your license and other important documents.
- Get out and explore the neighborhood; find your new hangout spots.
- After unpacking, give your home a nice clean to facilitate a fresh start.
Call Our Team Today
When you need a moving and storage company in Florida that you can count on, you'll want to work with the team at A-Turner Moving and Storage. For over five decades, we've been the top long-distance movers in Florida, offering a wide range of solutions. Call us today or fill out the online form for your free, no-obligation estimate.
Subscribe to A-Turner Moving and Storage's Blog